With over half the country in lockdown, all industries are facing further challenges, though none more so than hospitality and restaurants. Recently both the Victorian and NSW government’s have announced a range of new support measures to help bolster communities and businesses that have been most affected.
So what does this mean for your business? We’ve broken down the new grants and support measures that are now available for hospitality venues in NSW and Victoria.
NSW COVID-19 Business Support 2021
Businesses, sole traders and not-for-profits are eligible for a one-off business grant, these include:
- JobSaver: A cash flow support program funded by NSW and Commonwealth Governments to maintain employment for small and medium businesses impacted by the ongoing health restrictions. Eligible businesses with employees will receive fortnightly payments to cover staffing costs incurred from 18 July 2021 onwards.
- COVID-19 business grant: If you run a micro-business whether it be a cafe, restaurant, catering or any other business with annual turnover between $30,000 to $75,000 and are impacted by the current health restrictions imposed on Greater Sydney, you may be eligible to apply for a one-off grant of $7,500, $10,500 or $15,000.
- Small business fees and charges rebate: Sole traders and small business owners may be eligible for a small business fees and charges rebate of $1500. Businesses only have to apply once for the rebate, though can submit multiple claims until the full value of $1500 is reached.
To be eligible for the business grant you must have:
- Have an active Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Demonstrate your business was operating in NSW as of 1 June 2021
- Maintain your employee headcount as of 13 July 2021
- MyServiceNSW Account
- Proof of identity (i.e. drivers licence or passport)
- Business banking details for payment
- Australian income tax return or Notice of Assessment
- A qualified accountant or registered tax agent or registered BAS agent details
- Head to Service NSW to apply for the JobSaver payment, COVID-19 Business Grants and Small businesses fees and charges rebate.
- Ensure you have all the relevant documents.
- Hit apply online.
For more information on NSW Government support for businesses, sole traders and small not-for-profits visit the NSW Government website.
Victoria Business Support 2021
Businesses and individuals are able to apply directly for either
- COVID-19 Disaster Payment: Similarly to NSW, the program is dually funded by the Victorian and the Australian Governments to support those who aren’t able to work during the current health restrictions.
- Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021: Venues holding liquor licenses are eligible to receive an additional $4,200 per premises in metropolitan Melbourne, taking the total to $7,200.
- Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two: Businesses who operate in an eligible sector listed in the eligible ANZSIC classes for this program and/or have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely. Recipients will receive $2,800 increasing the total support package to $4,800.
For more information about the additional Victorian Government top-up payments visit the Business Victoria website.
To the eligibility criteria for any of the Victorian Business Grants head to:
Times are tough are but, the hospitality industry is tougher, and the Foodbomb team is here to help support your business. Contact us via phone, email or send us a direct message via our socials, all of our details are available here.
All successful recipients of the Business Costs Assistant Program Round Two and the Licensed Hospitality Venue Fund 2021 will automatically receive their top-up payments in July 2021.
To apply for the COVID-19 Disaster Payment in conjunction with the Commonwealth Government:
- Visit the Services Australia website
- Ensure you meet the eligibility rules
- Apply following the information on the How to claim section of the Services Australia website.
For more information on any of the details above and to confirm eligibility please visit the following:
We’re here to help
The Foodbomb team is here to help your venue through this difficult period. If you need additional support or assistance please reach out to our Support team or directly to your Growth Manager.